Purchase Now and SAVE 20% Online Clink Link
Build confidence in the paint color you'll ultimately choose by sampling color choices at home.
Click here to purchase samples
Benjamin Moore offers a range of paint samples so you can eliminate the stress of wrong choices, and instead—focus on the transformative power that a fresh coat of color brings to your home. Choose the paint sampling option that works for you.
Display Chips: In-Store & Readily Available
Available for free at Paintpourri in Hackettstown, NJ, Display Chips are how most homeowners get started on their color search.
Tips for Using Display Chips
- Pull and play Cut them, fold them, leave them on your walls…use Display Chips to narrow down which color family you’ll eventually choose.
- Going darker? Lighter? Display Chips are great for seeing different color values, as they are typically organized by gradations of color.
- Stack them up Layering and observing helps you compare nuances in warm vs. cool colors and undertones.
- Graduate Once you narrow down a few favorites, move to Paint Color Samples, Color Swatches, and/or Peel-and-Stick samples.
While Display Chips may be Benjamin Moore’s smallest color swatches, they remain a vital starting point for narrowing down color.
Paint Color Samples: Brush Them On
Paint Color Samples are pint-sized cans of paint in the color of your choice. Details include:
- Each 16 oz. can covers approximately two 4' X 4' or eight 2' x 2' areas.
- Comes in an eggshell finish.
- Available for purchase online or at your local store.
Tips for Using Paint Color Samples There are two ways you can use a Paint Color Sample:
- Brush directly on your wall: This is most effective if your wall is white or a light neutral—the new color won’t compete against your existing one.
- Brush on a white foam core board: This approach lets you easily move color samples around the room throughout the day to see how the color appears in different lighting.
- For exteriors: When testing color outside, use the white foam core board approach, as Paint Color Samples are formulated for interior use only.
Whichever method you choose, brush on two coats to see the most accurate color depiction.
And remember to live with it—observe your painted wall samples over time and during different times of the day. Don’t rush your decision!
Color Swatches: Tape Them Up
If you don’t want to paint, a Color Swatch is a great alternative to Paint Color Samples. A quick and easy way to view paint color, Color Swatches are…
- Paper samples that are larger than Display Chips.
- 4” x 8” in size with each swatch dedicated to one paint color.
- Available in an eggshell finish.
- For purchase online only.
Tips for Using Color Swatches
Peel-and-Stick Paint Samples
Peel-and-Stick color samples provide a worry-free approach to selecting the perfect hue. An easy way to view large swaths of color on your walls, Peel-and-Stick color samples are…
- Reusable and movable from wall to wall, and room to room
- Available in every Benjamin Moore paint color
- 9" x 12" in size
- Available for purchase on the Benjamin Moore Online Store only (please note: Peel-and-Stick samples are not available at Benjamin Moore retail locations)
- Produced by Samplize using Benjamin Moore paint
Tips for Using Peel-and-Stick Color Samples
Get the Right AngleDon’t physically look down on Display Chips or Color Swatches—hold them up against the wall. Ceilings? Same concept—look up for the best color representation.
Add a White BorderPlace your Display Chip or Color Swatch against a white piece of paper to make sure the existing color doesn’t influence how your sample color appears.
Amplify Your Color SamplesObserving a larger swath of color is important to your decision-making. Benjamin Moore Color Samples help you see a truer, more robust representation of color.
ADDITIONAL COLOR RESOURCES
The Benjamin Moore Color Portfolio™ App
Try out colors virtually with the free Benjamin Moore Color Portfolio™ app.
Select paint colors and apply them to photos on your phone, see colors in real time with the Video Visualizer, browse interactive fan decks, and more!
Fan Decks: Take Color Collections Home
A fan deck lets you peruse hundreds of Benjamin Moore paint colors from the comfort of your home. In fact, each Benjamin Moore fan deck gives you convenient access to a world-class Benjamin Moore Color Collection, including Affinity®, Benjamin Moore Classics®, Historical, Color Preview®, Off White Collection and more.
Visit Paintpourri at 324 Mountain Ave in Hackettstown, NJ or call at (908)-852-0704 to speak with a paint expert. You can also order online at www.paintpourri.com and your order will be ready for pickup within 30 minutes. Paintpourri is a Benjamin Moore paint dealer specializing in quality interior and exterior paint coatings since 1980.
Top Lines of Benjamin Moore Include:
Aura Bath & Spa